9/4/12

Truth Wins



The reality we want to be and the reality that is, is the difference between a life that’s lived and a life that’s lost in the endless “what if’s” and “someday’s”. There is so much that seems almost real under the surface but the truth is in the fruit, in the product of hearts, our words, and our actions. Seeing a glimpse of something that may be eventually, as opposed to seeing something that is not now. It takes digesting the truth of the real reality even when it doesn’t settle. Revealing the unhealthy thoughts and feelings. The questions, and the motives, which have crept their way through the cracks. The sweltering heat of a heart that hopes for its answer. To see looking into it a new reality, a new perspective, a transformed spirit- one that longs, that feels, that holds a depth only He can possess, a soul that’s alive. A healing inconceivably vast that could only come from the one who knows no end himself. That reality we live for, it waits for our company. It whispers into the places hidden, pushed away by continuous pain, disintegrated ambition and worn out passion. Where apathy consumes the drive, tenderness becomes rigid, and warmth is now frosted. Almost silently there is a cry from within.
A chance for hope in His gentle voice, asking if you’re ready?
I’m waiting for you. Will you join me?
The journey of restoration, a piece that is only the beginning. 
He restores. He gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. 

I desire to live a life that is always crying out for more but that is satisfied in Him. Expecting and praying BIG but counting the blessings of the small everyday victories and truths. Constantly looking and living in the supernatural even while walking out the mundane. Never forgetting the HOPE I’ve been given in Christ, to live life abundantly, seeking His kingdom, speaking His truth and loving well. My circumstances may not be ideal or even what I would want all the time. A down fall of being a dreamer is placing the dream above its Author. My mind has been so caught up in what my purpose is and what I long for that I sometimes lose sight of WHO HE IS and the truth that getting lost in Him and seeking FIRST the kingdom of God is of far more significance. If only I can live a life that is worthy of the calling of Christ Jesus daily, right where I am, wherever that may be, knowing all other things will be added. I struggle with this and feel that there are many seasons in my life where I have to remind myself of this truth. Maybe its because I moved around so much this summer or maybe its because I just didn’t want to let it sink in but reverse culture shock is just now setting in. I’m crashing into the realities of being back in America and having to face the “adult” life while feeling as if I’m being trapped by the “normal”.  Through resting in His truth and His ever-abundant grace I have been awakened to the fact that I choose my attitude. There is a season for all things but if my heart, mind and motive are only on their top game when I’m resting in a season of what I call adventure or what feels ideal then I’m saying that my constant God is not so constant. That He changes, when in reality its ME that changes. How great is it to reflect on what He’s done in my life over the last year alone and to see the fruit of His blessings and power. But why do I doubt that He is the same today when I’m jobless, and slightly clueless as to how to turn my passions into a reality.  Where direction doesn’t always seem clear and everyday is a question of what now? He’s done it before. HE can and is able. He is living and moving and seeking those who will follow Him. I hope to always answer that call even when it doesnt look the way I imagined, knowing He is alive everyday in everything. 
So today I count my blessings and I sing with thanksgiving to a God who is above all and in all. Who sent His son to come and die for my sin but not ending the story there, He ROSE again and was RESURRECTED from the grave and now sits at the right hand of the Father. Allowing anyone who believes to be transformed and restored. To be pure and in right standing with the Almighty. When I think of that kind of love and that kind of power my soul truly comes alive despite circumstance or season. Dancing in his joy and celebrating this truth, praying to be reminded daily of just how precious this gift is we carry and how great a responsibility we've been given in Christ! What He has done for us let us do for others. 

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things were created through Him and for Him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." 

"To them God choose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of this glory of the mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Truth wins

No comments:

Post a Comment